Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement at Shaurya Hospital, Ahmedabad, provides advanced techniques for Joint Replacement and state of the art infrastructure for the quick and smooth recovery.
What are the causes of Knee pain?
There are number of diseases which can cause knee pain but following are the most common causes of knee pain :
- Osteoarthritis - This is an age related wear and tear condition and usually occurs above 50 years of age.
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis - It is usually seen post major fractures of the bones surrounding knee
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - This leads to damage of the cartilage and bone causing pain and leg deformity
- Other arthritis like GOUT, SLE, Ankylosing Spondylitis , Tuberculosis
What are treatment modalities available at Shaurya Hospital?
- Knee braces/cap for Osteoarthritis
- Synovial Fluid Replacement Therapy (SFRT)
- Intra-articular Injection
- High Tibial Osteotomy
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
What is Total Knee Replacement?
If you have severe knee damage and non-surgical treatments are not helpful, the doctor will recommend total knee replacement surgery. Knee Replacement surgery is a safe and effective procedure to help you correct the leg deformity, relieve the knee pain and return to functional lifestyle.
During Joint Replacement, the surgeon replaces the damaged knee joint segment with the prosthesis that helps to make your knee joint functional.